Raw Energy Bars
Need an energy boost? Well you’ve come to the right place, my friend. These chocolate flavoured bars are packed with nature’s sweetness, filled with nothing more than plant power. They are simple and easy to make, combining just a handful of ingredients to create a unique cookie dough texture, with an added crisp, crunch, chocolate kick and nutty drizzle. You’ll be back the next day to grab another one, that's for sure!
Makes 12 energy bars
1. Blend the dates in a food processor with a splash of warm water until a ‘jammy’ texture is achieved.
2. Add the cacao powder, cacao nibs, hemp and chia seeds into the food processor and blend until all these ingredients have been thoroughly mixed.
3. Add the oats and blend until a ‘cookie dough’ like texture is reached. This may require you to add more warm water to the mixture to assist with the blending process, but be careful not to add too much, as then the mixture may become too wet and sticky.
4. Flatten out the dough on to a non-stick tray or one lined with greaseproof paper. Then score the pressed mixture into 12 rectangularly shaped energy bars.
5. Leave to set in the freezer for at least 1 hour before cutting the bars completely.
6. Drizzle over your favourite nut butter and leave to set in the freezer, again, for at least 1 hour (if you can wait that long)!
400g fresh or dried pitted dates
2 tbsp cacao powder
1 tbsp cacao nibs
1 tbsp hemp seeds
1 tbsp chia seeds
Nut butter as required