Using just 3 main ingredients, these have to be the easiest pancakes you'll ever make. Whether you're looking for a lazy Sunday breakfast or dessert delight, these stacks of goodness will definitely do the job. They're fluffy, filling, wholesome and nutritious, and served perfectly with a light, fruity sauce drizzled over the top. As for the toppings go, simply let your stomach speak and creativity run wild.
Makes roughly 8 pancakes 8cm in diameter each
1. Blend all of the ingredients in a blender until a smooth batter is formed. Feel free to add more cinnamon to taste.
2. Heat up a non-stick frying pan. If you’re using a non-stick pan, oil will not be needed when making the pancakes.
3. Lower to a medium-low heat and pour in the batter to make small circular pancakes, roughly 8cm in diameter each.
4. Cook on the first side until there are bubbles covering the surface and the edges are matt in colour. At this point, they should become mobile.
5. Using a wooden spatula, flip the pancakes and cook for a few more minutes on the other side.
6. Leave a small volume of batter in the blender bottle, and blend the remaining with your chosen sauce ingredients. A small dash of liquid may be needed to assist blending. This can be some water or more plant based milk.
7. Pour the sauce over the stack of pancakes and let your imagination run wild with any toppings and decorations you fancy. Some of my favourites include kiwi, plum, berries, cacao nibs, shredded coconut, hemp seeds and chia seeds, but the possibilities are endless.
1 cup oats
240ml liquid (1/2 water and 1/2 plant based milk)
2 tsp cinnamon
Choose from one of the following:
¼ cup frozen berries
¼ cup mixture of frozen mango and pineapple chunks
¼ cup mango and a small handful of spinach leaves
Non-stick frying pan