This cinnamon-spiced, apple baked oatmeal will have all those cold and frosty winter mornings sorted. It's filling and delicious, and honestly tastes like you're eating cake. A cake that's 100% good for you, and a cake you can eat as a meal. In a mouthful you'll enjoy the warmth and gooiness of the oats, alongside a crunch of sweet, tender apple and fresh, cooling milk. My friends, if you loves oats, then without a doubt you'll love baked oatmeal.
1. Preheat the oven to 180ºC. The temperature may need to be lower if you are not using a fan oven.
2. Mash the banana in a bowl. This is much easier when the banana is very ripe and spotty. It will also taste much sweeter.
3. Add the liquid and chia seeds.
4. Dice and add roughly ¾ of the apple to the mixture, along with the rest of the ingredients.
5. Make sure everything is thoroughly mixed in a bowl and pour into a small, glass baking dish.
6. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes until golden brown and piping hot.
7. Leave to cool and then serve in a bowl with plant based milk and toppings of your choice.
1 cup oats
1 cup liquid, either plant based milk or water
1 ripe banana
1tbsp chia seeds
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ tbsp cinnamon
¼ tsp nutmeg
Small mixing bowl
Small glass baking dish, preferably circular